The 2021 Community Recognition Awards will be held on November 6th at Carson Valley Inn. The Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce and the Record Courier will honor individuals and organizations in the following categories:
- Employee of the Year – Liz Begovich (Douglas County Animal Services)
- Volunteer of the Year – Tom Hein (East Fork Fire Protection District)
- The Bill Henderson Citizen of the Year – Dennis Little (Douglas County Historical Society)
- Business of the Year – J.T. Basque Bar & Dining Room
- Non-Profit of the Year – Partnership Douglas County
Tickets are available at: https://bit.ly/3mCw9iR
Tahoe Production House produced the award videos for the second year in a row for their event. We had a great time filming on location at the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce with community members that had nothing but amazing things to say about the recipients of these awards. Take a look at the videos below:
Carson Valley Awards Volunteer 2021
Carson Valley Awards Non Profit 2021
Carson Valley Awards Employee 2021
Carson Valley Awards Citizen 2021
Carson Valley Awards Business 2021
Established: The Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce was incorporated on November 26, 1945.
Mission: “To identify and address the changing needs of the business community and to promote quality of life in the Carson Valley.”
Service Area: Carson Valley encompasses the Towns of Minden, Gardnerville and Genoa as well as Topaz Lake area, businesses established in the Johnson Lane area, Gardnerville Ranchos and Indian Hills.
Incorporated Status: 501c6 of the Internal Revenue Service Code for not-for-profit organizations.
Membership: More than 400 businesses, professionals and individuals. The Chamber’s membership is non-partisan, non-sectarian and non-exclusive.
Finances: The Chamber operates on a July 1-June 30 fiscal year.
Operations: Daily administration is directed by a paid Executive Director and Administrative Assistant.
Hours: Monday thru Friday from 9am to 4pm. Closed Holidays
What is the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce ?
It is a voluntary organization of business and professional men and women who have joined together for the purpose of promoting the civic and business community.
The organization operates within the premise that the area’s economic well-being is directly linked to the representation and activities of the Chamber. Strong representation that assures the business community a voice in government, successful networking, promotional and educational opportunities combine to assure that the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce has a major impact on government policy, business income and future growth of the area.
The primary functions of the Chamber are:
- Represents and protects the interests of the business and professional community to local, county and state government.
- Provides a variety of services that assist members in promoting their businesses.
Objectives of the Chamber
- To promote a better understanding of the nation’s private enterprise system.
- To coordinate the efforts of commerce, industry and business professionals in maintaining and strengthening a sound and healthy business climate in the Carson Valley.
- To sponsor an aggressive Business Plan and stimulate activities that will provide for full development and employment of our human and economic resources.
- To provide creative business leadership and effective coordination of all interested parties in solving community problems and in initiating constructive community action.
- To create a broad understanding and appreciation of the great opportunities in the Carson Valley area, and to promote the advantages and assets of our community.